Toe Cap Brogue Boots
Polo Kudu Toe Cap Brogue Boots finished on a Dainite sole with a Natural Welt. Made on the true to size 4497S last.
THE FITLAST No: 4497S
The size (length fitting) of Tricker's footwear made on this last is true to a regular UK size. It is on the generous side to allow for wearing with thicker socks. If you are unsure of your UK size, use the conversion chart below to convert your known size to a UK size. So if you normally take a UK size 8 (equivalent to US size 9, Japan size 27 and EU size 42), we recommend you order a size 8.
MEN'S WIDTH FITTINGS
Most Tricker's men's shoes and boots are a Tricker's Width Fit 5. These are suitable for most men, as they are a standard width. In the UK this standard width is also known as an F fitting; in the USA it is known as a D fitting; in other parts of the world, it is known as an M (medium) or R (regular) fitting. Examples of Fit 5 styles include our iconic Stow country boot, Bourton country shoe and Robert town shoe collections.
Some of our styles are a Tricker's Width Fit 6. These shoes are suitable for wider feet. In the UK this wider fit is known as a G fitting; in the USA it is known as an E fitting; in other parts of the world, it is known as a W (wide) fitting. If a shoe or boot is a Tricker’s Width Fit 6 it will be labelled as such in the product details. Examples of Fit 6 styles include a Malton country boot and a Keswick country shoe.
In a short space of time, your new Tricker's shoe or boot will fit to your individual foot shape. For more details about sizing, please see our Size Guide.
The last is a hard, three-dimensional form on which the shoe is constructed. Depending on the style of shoe we use different lasts, this is what dictates the overall shape, proportion, fit and character of the shoe. Many of our lasts have heritage, we've been using them for decades. The original moulds are made from wood and shaped by hand, there are then graded into the different sizes and tested rigorously to ensure the fit is consistent across the full breadth of sizes.
Our lasts will generally fit your regular size, although some vary so the information below should guide you. If you are still unsure contact us and one of our experts will be able to help.
LAST No: 4497S
These are a generous fit but are true to a regular UK size.
We offer a variety of sole options. You can select your choice above, the sole types available for each shoe are featured below the size selector.
These are the most traditional sole variety - they're hard-wearing, but when they wear thin replace to ensure your shoe is kept in the best condition. Leather is a natural product and therefore porous. You can maintain it with leather conditioner.
This is a rubber sole with large studs that provide grip - whilst not so traditional, they do provide good all-round grip and durability for most surfaces.
Our original country boot sole - these take a bit of breaking in, but they provide excellent durability and grip across all terrain - particularly in the countryside.
These are light in weight and offer excellent comfort, enhanced mobility and shock absorption.
These are made from gum. A traditional sole that provides comfort and natural shock absorbency. Crepe soles are a natural product and somewhat porous. Therefore the colour can change with age.
BUILT TO LAST
When you choose Tricker's, you never have to choose between practicality, durability and style. We make the world's best country boots and shoes.
- Tricker's is England's longest established shoemaker. We were founded in 1829 by Joseph Tricker and remain wholly owned by his descendants, employing around 100 people in our Northampton shoe factory in the heart of England. Click here to read our story.
- All of our shoes and boots are handmade entirely from start to finish in Northampton by craftsmen and women using traditional methods, to the same exacting standards that first established our reputation.
- To make a pair of Tricker's shoes or boots takes eight weeks, using 260 processes in six different rooms in our factory.
- His Royal Highness, The Prince of Wales, awarded Tricker’s a Royal Warrant for shoe manufacturing in 1989, which we hold to this day.
- Our uncompromising standards of craftsmanship, honest materials, environmentalism and sustainability are values that have been preserved and developed through five generations. Every material used in our construction can be traced back to its source.
- All of our shoes and boots are Goodyear welted - this is the process we use to join the sole of your shoe to the upper. It is incredibly robust and enables your shoes to be easily repaired in the future.
- There is a vibrant Tricker's community on Instagram, where more than 150,000 Tricker's fans share pictures and publish fantastic testimonials and reviews of both our footwear and service.
- "Built to Last" - your treasured Tricker's start their life being made by hand on a last and so it is fitting that, with care and repair, they can last you a lifetime. We often find ourselves repairing, resoling or reheeling shoes that are more than 50 years old and we offer this service by post to anywhere in the world. And we ourselves have lasted since 1829 as a family-owned shoemaker.
All orders are delivered in plain packaging containing the distinctive blue Tricker's shoe box and complete with a complimentary Tricker's shoe bag and polishing cloth (combined value £17).
We aim to deliver all orders as quickly as possible. We use DHL & Parcelforce for all of our deliveries. Delivery times stated on the website are approximations and are not guaranteed. This is due to third party factors that may cause delays.
For orders of £100 and over (including all boots and shoes):
- UK: 1-2 working days - Free Delivery
- EU: 2-5 working days - Free Delivery
- USA: 1-5 working days - Free Delivery
- Japan: 3-7 working days - £25.00 Delivery
- Hong Kong: 3-7 working days - £25.00 Delivery
- Rest of World: 3-7 working days - Free Delivery
For orders below £100:
- UK: 1-2 working days - Free Delivery
- EU: 2-5 working days - €25.00 Delivery
- USA: 1-5 working days - £25.00 Delivery
- Rest of World: 3-7 working days - £25.00 Delivery
For more details, please see our Delivery & Returns Guide.
UK - Please make sure you have placed your order by December 20th
USA - Please make sure you have placed your order by December 19th
ROW -Please make sure you have placed your order by December 16th
EU - Please make sure you have placed your order by December 15th
Please note from December 24th, our offices are closed, so Customer Service emails will NOT be looked at until our return on January 4th.
(Any cancellations or amendments may not be communicated before the dispatch of any orders as the warehouse will continue to ship orders between Christmas & New Year without access to any emails)