In a previous Journal post we talk about the importance of maintaining momentum in the ever-changing world of fashion and footwear.
While we want to add new designs and finishes, we realise the importance of staying true to the Tricker’s reputation for outstanding manufacturing and quality.
Known as the shoemaker for quality country shoes and boots, we look for ways to update our core styles. One route is to search for unique leathers or different finishes which will breathe new life into iconic ranges.
For SS18, we have done just that by using Bookbinder for three classic styles from our men’s and women’s ranges.
What is Bookbinder?
Bookbinder is a finish thats added to the leather to make it extremely shiny.
The high shine rub off Bookbinder effect is a coated treatment applied to the leather. This is created when polished on the mops in our Northampton factory Shoe Room giving the footwear a lustre and gleaming finish indicative of 1930s dress shoes.
This new season, we have made this Bookbinder collection lighter in weight. By removing the leather mid-sole and adding the ever popular Dainite sole, these iconic styles maintain their look but have a lighter feel.
An added bonus of Bookbinder, the treatment also protects the leather if caught out in a spring or summer shower.
- Stow – Iris and Militaire Green
- Bourton – Iris and Militaire Green (Orange is only available from our London Jermyn Street shop)
- Stephy and Silvia – Iris and Militaire Green
How to care for Bookbinder:
- – Remove dirt or marks with a clean cloth.
- – Use a neutral polish then buff with another clean cloth.
- – Keep your footwear in their shoe bags provided to prevent damage.
- – Use shoe trees to help maintain shape.
Follow us on Instagram for new product, offers and behind the scenes information.
Why not post photos of your beloved Tricker’s footwear using #mytreasuredtrickers for a chance to be featured on our Instagram page.