If you have a great passion for footwear, chances are you aspire to have a bespoke pair of shoes or boots made to your unique foot shape and design specification. These will last a lifetime, are individual and made with care by skilled and dedicated craftspeople.
We are very proud that Tricker’s offers a full in-house bespoke service. A true labour of love, bespoke shoemaking requires dedication, skill, attention to detail and a great deal of patience.
Our team even make their own thread with which they hand sew all footwear. The thread consists of gathering nine lengths of twine and painstakingly coating them in our homemade wax.
Training from an apprentice to master shoe maker takes years, and as Scott our Master Bespoke maker says, you never stop learning.
Tricker’s has been making shoes since 1829 and continues to be one of the last remaining factories in Britain to provide a full in-house bespoke, made-to-measure service.
As you might expect, we are too discreet to mention anyone by name, but our bespoke customers include royalty, members of the aristocracy, politicians, captains of industry, soldiers, sailors and airman, plus explorers and leading figures in the arts. In fact Tricker’s bespoke shoes and boots have walked to all four corners of the Earth. In 1960, they even took Sir Edmund Hillary to the very top of the world.
Dependent on your location, you can either visit the Jermyn Street shop in London or our Northampton shoe factory.
- – We like to offer a personal service. Your order will be managed at all times by Scott McKee, who runs the Bespoke department.
- – Hand drawn outlines and measurements are taken of your feet.
- – A cast is taken to show the shape of your feet by standing in a special foot mould.
- – The drawing, measurements and cast are sent to our Last maker in Northampton.
- – Your unique wooden Last is produced, carved by hand.
- – The Last and above information is sent to our Bespoke department.
- – You will have two fittings.
- – Footwear can take six months or longer from start to finish.
If you would like to find out more about our bespoke service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our shoe factory Head Office Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm BST on +44 (0)1604 630595.
If you prefer, you can telephone or email our Jermyn Street shop in London. The team will be delighted to help you.
Address: 67 Jermyn Street, St James’s, London SW1Y 6NY
Tel: +44 (0) 207 930 6395 Fax: +44 (0) 207 930 3161
Please note, full bespoke shoes, including your unique last, can take in excess of six months to create, and Made to Order (MTO) using Tricker’s stock lasts can take twelve weeks or more to produce.
Read here about Adele, the first ever female bespoke shoe making apprentice at Tricker’s.