Introducing Tricker’s Ethan Monkey Boot. Did you know the history of the humble Monkey Boot dates back to World War 2?
Worn as standard issue by the Czechoslovakian army, their durability, practicality and the fact they were inexpensive made them the ideal boot for the foot soldier.
After disappearing for a couple of decades, the Mods gave them a new lease of life in the 60s and 70s. The Monkey Boot soon became part of their fashion stable along with the Harrington Jacket and Levis jeans. In the late 70s and 80s they were adopted by Skinheads, Punks and students.
We have been making our own version of the Tricker’s Monkey Boot for quite a few years. The most popular market until recently has been Japan where the desire for English apparel is very strong.
For our first-ever Spring/Summer 2017 collection, we have launched the Ethan Monkey Boot range for men. Made entirely in our Northampton shoe factory, Ethan is available in five colours: Acorn Antique, Marron Antique, Black, White and Lollipop Red, and features a natural leather sole suitable for the warmer weather.
Now worn around the globe by trendsetters and influencers both young and old, this once humble boot has once again become centre stage in fashion.
How to care for your Ethan Monkey Boots:
- – Remove dirt or marks then polish with a polishing cloth.
- – Once a fortnight use shoe cream to nourish the leather,
- – Once a fortnight use polish for shine and weatherproofing. Use black polish for the Black Ethan and neutral for the Acorn, Marron, White and Lollipop Red.
- – Keep your boots in their shoe bags to prevent damage.
- – Use shoe trees to help maintain shape.
Follow us on Instagram for new product, offers and behind the scenes information.
Why not post photos of your beloved Tricker’s footwear using #mytreasuredtrickers for a chance to be featured on our page.